All income earned, by individuals other than the Imperial Service or duly contracted security providers where the activities in question are within the scope of their contract, in the course of:
- Defeating or preventing existential, species-level, or Imperial security threats, whether global or local;
- Repelling raids or invasions;
- Preventing acts of terrorism or exceptionary crime;
- Preventing or ameliorating ongoing natural disasters or technological accidents;
- Or otherwise engaging in activities falling within a reasonable definition of ‘saving the world’;
And all income deriving from technologies or other intellectual properties or physical properties developed or appropriated (when duly condemned by a prize court) during such activities, for a period of twelve years subsequently;
Shall not be subject to general taxation.
– Imperial Revenue Code, Vol. 2 (Special Exemptions) § 17.