So, wondering about the non-Imperial worlds on the Imperial Fringe map? Here’s some trivia about the Empire’s neighbors for you!
To rimward, in the Banners, we have:
- The A’t’rr Hold, who own the Aturr System. (The vowel is fake and the apostrophes unpronounceable by human mouthparts, since the a’t’rr communicate by rubbing their chitinous legs together.)
- The Dvrrrrr Concordat, who own the systems of Kkrkrkh, Krtlkh, and Nkvkvvk. (And yes, their clicky language also has no vowels.)
- The Garagou System, a single-system polity.
- The Ianic Commonwealth, an Imperial satrapy, who own the systems of Cith, Strith, and Icp.
- The polyspecific (originating in an idealist colony) Nanarchy of Huthla, who own the Huthla System.
- The Sindil Global Republic, who own the Sindri System.
- The Topaz Republic, who own the systems of Hatira, Kondotra, Lachra, and Thetra.
- And the Venik Technate, who own the systems of Clogos Ven, Entil Ven, and Lisn Ven.
To coreward, in the First Expanses, we have:
- The Araline Order, who own the systems of Analac and Halac.
- The Arkhirii Imperium, who own the systems of Hasekh, Issak Ahk, Rotak Ahk, Tilak Ahk, and Vehk. (“Ahk”, in the most comman khiras language, means “home soil”. Those systems with that suffix are colony worlds; the others hold only outposts of one kind or another.)
- The Combined Nekara Nests, who own the Seviks System in addition to their holdings in the Ring Nebula. (The nekar are avioids, yes.)
- The Laeth Pact, who own the systems of Nichtal and Victa.
- The Mirilasté Synarchic Interactive, who own the Ir Sargonnin System in addition to their holdings in the High Verge (below).
- And the freesoil Omane System.
To acme, in the High Verge, we have:
- The Shirethi Guilds, who own the systems of Belshir and Dalshir.
- The Ganth Household, who own the G’ganth System.
- The Mirilasté Synarchic Interactive, once again, who own the systems of Ir Garren, Ir Kelan, Ir Nassen, Ir Sian, and Ir Tollan.
- The Qugu Symbiosis, made up of two sophont species (the ren-qu and ren-gu) which evolved on the same world as a symbiotic pair, who own the Qugarth System.
- The Tokgac Free State, who own the systems of Tok-Jahr, Tok-Rash, and Tok-Slih.
- The Twelve Pillars of Kerbol, who own the systems of Kerbol and Kerbevin. (Yes, this is a shameless homage to both KSP and to a particular story on the KSP forums.)
- And the freesoil Loxix System.
To spinward, in the Principalities, we have:
- The Amiable Futarchic Ecumene of the iothal, the Empire’s closest ally among its immediate neighbors, who own the systems of Dal Coriss, Dal Laiss, Dal Miless, Dal Silifiss, Dal Tirass, and Dal Thess.
- The Lakatakau Nest, who own the systems of Arakau, Ditakau, Lakatakau, and Sekelkau. (The katakau, however, are not avioid.)
- The Lamuran Diarchy, who own the systems of Aracory, Encory, Isory, and Vielcory.
- And the Trinary Interactate, who own the systems of Dinuu and Eiruu. (Eiruu is binary, hence the name.)
And finally, to trailing-nadir, in the Talie Marches, we have:
- The Five States, which owns the systems of Wa Fid, Wa Ganis, Wa Indane, Wa Loek, and Wa Varos. (The wakae colonized four of the systems by generation ship before being integrated into the stargate plexus; when the systems were linked, they couldn’t agree on reintegration and ended up forming a loose federation.)
- The Kerabar Sovereignty, which owns the systems of Intsha Ker, Metsha Ker, and Revja Ker.
- The Rúrathtu Maternity, which owns the systems of Cal-den-Heflo, Goris-den-Lesk, Illik-den-Saro, Ric-den-Narin, and Tor-den-Ras.
- And the protected planet in the Glazimír System.